Chicken and Dumplings is a dish that goes from prep to plate in 30 minutes! A simple one-pot recipe that is packed with chicken, veggies and delicious dumplings, with no canned ‘cream of whatever’ soup needed.
30-Minute Chicken and Dumplings
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 cup milk
- In a heavy bottomed Dutch oven or large wide pot, over medium heat, add chicken broth, water, butter and all seasonings (poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, parsley, basil, and pepper). Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Add to the pot. Stir to combine and cover.
- In a sealable container (such as a large mason jar) combine flour and milk. Seal tightly and shake vigorously to combine well. You will create a smooth flour mixture for thickening your sauce called a slurry. Slowly pour the slurry into the pot, stirring constantly. Add frozen vegetables and cover.
- Meanwhile combine dumpling ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well with a fork. Remove cover from the soup pot and stir well.
- Drop dumplings into the soup one tablespoon at a time, use a 1 tablespoon scoop to make it even easier. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until soup is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!