BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs are rubbed with a simple seasoning, then basted in your favorite barbecue sauce for the best baked barbecue chicken ever!
BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
REST: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hours
- 8 chicken thighs about 3 pounds, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce or 2 cups homemade
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and rub in the seasoning blend, then arrange chicken skin side up on the prepared baking sheet. Pour about ¾ of a cup of bbq sauce into a small bowl and brush the chicken lightly with the sauce on both sides, finishing with the chicken skin side up. Set the remaining bbq sauce aside to use later (do not leave the brush in the sauce).
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from the oven and, using a clean brush, baste with the reserved sauce. Bake for 20 minutes more. Chicken should register 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Switch to the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce caramelizes.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!