These Chicken Cakes And Remoulade Sauce are the poultry version of a crab cake. They’re much less expensive to make, filled with sweet bell peppers, fresh garlic and green onion with just the right amount of seasonings.
Chicken Cakes And Remoulade Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 53 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus add’l for frying
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced [more or less to your taste]
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 12 oz cans fully cooked white meat chicken, drained well OR 3 cups poached chicken chopped
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp creole or old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs divided
- Remoulade sauce See Cook’s note
- In a stove top pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the diced peppers and green onions to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute over medium-high heat until beginning to brown. Add the minced garlic cooking for one minute, then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- To the mixing bowl add chicken, lemon juice, Dijon, mayonnaise, garlic, tarragon, chopped parsley, creole/old bay seasoning and 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sauteed vegetables. Mix making sure chicken is thoroughly blended with the other ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Add beaten egg, mix well.
- Pour the remaining panko breadcrumbs onto a plate. Using a 4 oz ice cream scoop, divide the chicken. Coat with bread crumbs, using additional crumbs as needed. Flatten to your desired thickness gently turning to coat the chicken cake on all sides.
- Place in a single layer on a pan or platter and chill for 30 minutes.
- To cook: Remove from the refrigerator. Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry chicken cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. Fry in batches adding more oil, as needed. Serve hot with the remoulade sauce.
- Remoulade Sauce: Place all of the ingredients for the remoulade sauce into a bowl and mix until smooth. Chill until serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!