Chicken Stuffed Peppers are made with a fajita style mixture that combines onions, garlic, tex mex spices and chicken, then oven-baked until soft and cheesy
Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 3 green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup precooked rice
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream for serving
- Pico de gallo for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and prepare the peppers by cutting them in half lengthwise and removing the seeds and membrane; set aside in a baking dish cut side up.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute until they start to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chicken, chili powder, cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add rice, cilantro, lime juice, and stir together until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the cooked chicken and rice mixture into the cut pepper halves, filling them to the top. Pour water into the baking dish to fill the bottom, being careful not to pour any water on the peppers.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake until peppers are softened, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese and return to oven to bake until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes
- Serve immediately, topped with pico de gallo and sour cream, if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!