Juicy and tasty chicken meatballs made with parmesan on a bed of tomato sauce
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs + 2 Tbsp more to coat
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Medium Eggs
- ½ Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh Basil
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, parmesan, eggs, seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well until combined.
- Scoop about 1 Tbsp of mixture and roll it between your palms to form a meatball. Repeat with the remaining mixture, then dredge each meatball into breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and sauté for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until browned but not cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet add garlic and cook until fragrant, for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, then return the meatballs into the skillet nestling them into the sauce.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Season with fresh basil and ground pepper and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!