Grilled chicken gets a lift with this flavor-packed marinade and fresh, fruity salsa.
Chili-Garlic Grilled Chicken with Avocado-Cherry Salsa
YIELDS: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 0 hours 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 40 mins
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. lime zest plus 1/4 c. lime juice, divided, plus wedges for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6- to 8-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 c. sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c. Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Combine garlic, chili powder, 3 tablespoons oil, lime zest and 2 tablespoons juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large zip-top bag. Add chicken, seal, and turn to coat. Marinate, in the refrigerator, 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine cherries, shallot, jalapeño, cilantro, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 15 minutes. Fold in avocado.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, covered, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and lime wedges.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!