Bring a little Louisiana to your kitchen with this simple and easy Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe, made with rotisserie chicken!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 1 whole Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 oz Rotini, cooked
- 4 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
- 2 scallions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or 1 cup fat-free half-and-half)
- 1 cup low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook pasta per directions on package and drain. Set aside.
- Shred the Rotisserie chicken into bite size pieces and place in a ziplock bag.
- Pour the cajun seasoning on top and shake well.
- Finely chop the scallions.
- In the pot where you made your pasta, add the milk and cream (or fat-free half-and-half)
- Add chopped scallions, basil, salt, garlic powder, pepper and heat until it reaches a slight boil.
- Add the pasta and chicken and stir until fully coated.
- Add half of the cheese and stir until slightly thickened, and add the rest.
- Top with parsley.
- Serve with garlic or French bread.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!