Cream and lemon is a luscious combination and is stellar served over crispy chicken! It’s super easy and fast to make, and the sauce is absolutely to die for. A little dusting of flour creates a terrific crispy coating on the chicken and gives the sauce something to cling to
Creamy Lemon Chicken Breast
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 600g / 1.2lb chicken breasts (2 large) (Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup (35g) flour
- 3 tbsp (40g) butter , unsalted
- 1 – 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 cups (325ml) chicken broth/stock
- 3/4 cup (185ml) cream , heavy/thickened (Note 2)
- 3 – 4 tbsp lemon juice (adjust to taste, start with 3 tbsp)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (75g) parmesan cheese
- Pasta of choice (I used linguine)
- Finely chopped parsley
- Slice chicken breast horizontally to create two thin steaks (so you end up with 4 thin steaks in total).
- Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side until golden and crispy, then remove onto plate.
- Add a touch of butter if your pan is dry – but you shouldn’t need it. Add garlic, stir 10 seconds.
- Then add chicken broth, cream, lemon and Dijon mustard. Bring to simmer and scrape the bottom of the pan to dissolve brown bits into the liquid. Use a whisk if needed to dissolve mustard.
- Add parmesan then simmer rapidly for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add salt, pepper and adjust lemon to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan (pour in any juices on the plate too), turn to coat.
- Place chicken on serving plates with pasta or mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley if using. Spoon over Lemon Sauce and serve!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!