Golden, crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts taste just like schnitzel without the carb-loaded guilt! A Keto approved, gluten free recipe for skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 8 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 18 MINUTES
- 1 pound 500g chicken breasts, (2 large breasts)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour, (not almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets. Generously season with Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic and Italian seasoning. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place chicken in the egg wash and set aside to let marinate.*
- Combine the parmesan cheese and almond flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Using a fork or tongs, pick up one of the chicken breast pieces and allow excess egg wash to drip off. Dredge in the parmesan mixture, pressing chicken lightly into the coating with the back of the fork, then turn and repeat. Shake off excess coating and repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Heat oil and butter in a large NON-STICK skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry 2 chicken pieces at a time UNTOUCHED for (about 4 minutes). Do not move chicken around as the coating may peel off of the surface of the chicken before it gets a chance to stick!
- Once the coating is crispy, golden and set, flip and continue frying on other side until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!