Crock Pot Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe – Rubbed with lemon-pepper butter and a sweet honey sauce, this is the easiest, most delicious whole chicken prepared in the crock pot!
Crock Pot Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs
Total Time: 6 hrs 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole roast chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lite orange juice
- salt , to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rinse chicken and dry thoroughly.
- Clean out the chicken cavity.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, carefully insert it underneath the skin, beginning at the neck. Slowly separate the skin from the meat without tearing through the skin. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and lemon pepper; mash and mix with a fork until completely incorporated.
- Rub the prepared butter under the skin, around the entire bird, out to the thighs and legs, and on top of the skin. I find it easier to spoon a large chunk of the butter under the skin; then I use my fingers to spread it around by rubbing the chicken on top.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook 8 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat.
- Pierce the lemon all over with a fork and place it inside the cleaned out cavity.
- Combine lemon juice, honey and orange juice in a small bowl; whisk well.
- Transfer chicken to the crock pot, pour the prepared honey sauce over it, and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Carefully remove the lemon from the cavity and squeeze the juice out all over the chicken.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!