Tender and juicy Baked Chicken Breasts with a delicious honey mustard sauce takes only minutes to make! Baked Chicken couldn’t be any easier to prepare for a quick and easy dinner idea. Smothered in a Honey Mustard Sauce with a kick of lemon juice, this will become your new favourite chicken breast recipe!
Easy Baked Chicken Breast
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TiME: 35 MINUTES
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, adjust to taste
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, (4 large chicken breasts)
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Combine the oil, honey, mustards, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl to combine well.
- Place the chicken into prepared baking dish. Season generously with salt, pepper and paprika. Spoon 3/4 of the honey mustard mixture evenly over the chicken and spread evenly all over each breast. Arrange rosemary between each piece. Pour 1/4 cup water into the bottom of the dish to prevent create a sauce while baking.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Spoon remaining sauce over each breast and bake uncovered for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices are no longer pink.
- Broil/grill for 2 minutes on medium-high to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to recirculate before serving. Garnish with parsley and serve warm with pan drippings.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!