Easy cream cheese chicken is just a few simple ingredients and simple to make, with a deliciously creamy sauce that coats every piece. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
Easy Cream Cheese Chicken
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz. regular or reduced-fat plain cream cheese
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Steamed rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Add onions and mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken into strips and season with the salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to medium high, then add the seasoned chicken strips to the pan. Sear for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until the chicken strips are golden brown.
- Add the cream cheese and chicken broth and stir until the cream cheese is melted and well incorporated. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the entire pan, then cover, reduce heat and cook another 2-3 minutes, our until chicken is cooked through. (It should reach 165 if you are using a meat thermometer.) Season to taste with extra salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken and mushrooms over steamed rice, with parsley if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!