A bed of rice covered in fajita seasoned chicken, peppers and onions, served with beans and corn. These Healthy Chicken Fajita Bowls come in at just under 300 calories a bowl and are a healthy and delicious chicken dinner idea that your whole family will love!
Healthy Chicken Fajita Bowls
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 poblano pepper sliced thin
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn drained
- 1 tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Additional optional ingredients: shredded cheese sour cream, avocado, salsa
- Preheat a skillet to medium high heat and add oil. Sprinkle chicken, onions, and peppers with half the fajita seasoning.
- When skillet is hot, add the chicken, peppers, and onions. Cook until 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove all ingredients from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add corn and black beans. Add the remaining fajita seasoning. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the beans and corn are warmed through.
- To assemble your bowl, fill with rice and then top with chicken, onions, peppers, corn, and black beans. Add additional toppings as desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!