Quick and easy this Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken is a hearty and delicious weeknight meal of sweet and spicy shredded chicken and rice.
Instant Pot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts defrosted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda sprite, 7up, Sierra Mist
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 Tbs honey
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs cold water
- Parsley optional
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Cooked rice optional
- In basin of instant pot add in your brown sugar, cider vinegar, lemon-lime soda, garlic, soy sauce, hot sauce, honey, salt and pepper and stir together.
- Place chicken breasts on top of sauce mixture and seal your instant pot.
- Press manual setting for 15 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred.
- Turn instant pot on saute mode.
- Mix together your cornstarch and cold water and pour into your sauce and stir together until thickened.
- Add your chicken back into pot and stir to coat.
- Serve over rice sprinkled with parsley and red pepper flakes if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!