The best part of traditional lasagna isn’t the pasta—it’s the ricotta filling. And that creamy cheese situation happens to taste incredible when stuffed into chicken breasts with marinara sauce. Whether you’re looking for low-carb dinner ideas or not, this recipe’s a real winner.
Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 0 MINS
- 3/4 c. ricotta
- 1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 plus 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 c. marinara
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, combine ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, egg, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 1/4 of ricotta mixture.
- Arrange stuffed chicken in the bottom of a 9″-x-13″ baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until chicken is almost cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 155°, about 25 minutes, or up to 35 minutes for larger breasts. Discard excess juices in pan.
- Change oven to broil and top chicken with remaining 1 cup marinara, remaining ¾ cup mozzarella, and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°, about 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with more basil before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!