Master the art of perfectly roasted chicken.
Roast Herb Chicken
- 1 whole cornfed, free range chicken
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams sage, rosemary, thyme, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the whole chicken on a roasting tray, place your fingers into the neck to separate the skin and the breast meat. Insert slices of butter and a quart of the chopped herbs and tuck firmly down.
- Place carrot, onion and lemon inside the cavity of the chicken, leaving 2 slices of lemon to tuck inside the chicken thighs.
- Rub the skin of the chicken with herbs, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked though.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!