Saucy chicken, rice and veggies come together so easily right in the crockpot. Sure to be a weeknight staple!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken And Rice
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 4 HOURS 5 MINUTES
Total Time: 4 HOURS 20 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Place ground chicken, bell peppers, onion, water chestnuts and rice into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in teriyaki sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or high heat for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!